Category: Community

Posts related to Community

Helping Hands partners ABC7 and Easterns Automotive Group team up to surprise 'She Believes in Me' with a $1,500 donation to continue helping both young girls and families that have been affected by COVID-19. She Believes in Me offers at-risk girls the opportunity to participate in activities designed to encourage, empower, and inspire through field trips and monthly themed events. She Believes in Me also provides emergency food to people in the Herndon area of Northern, Virginia.
Helping Hands partners ABC7 and Easterns Automotive Group team up to surprise Horton's Kids with a $1,500 donation to continue supporting communities in need. Horton?s Kids empowers children growing up in one of Washington, DC?s most under-resourced communities so that they graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life.
Pay It Forward partners Fox 5 DC and Easterns Automotive Group surprise the founder and executive director of I Support the Girls with $1,000 products to support the movement. I Support the Girls collects and distributes essential items, including bras, underwear, and menstrual hygiene products, allowing women and folx experiencing homelessness, impoverishment, or distress to stand tall with dignity.
Pay It Forward partners Fox 5 DC and Easterns Automotive Group surprise St. Anne?s Episcopal Church in Damascus, Maryland with a $2,000 donation to help their mission to serve local needy families.
Easterns Automotive Group partners with WUSA 9's Get Up DC to surprise local non-profit Desks by Dads with a $1,000 donation. Desks by Dads was created by two Maryland parents who collect and build free desks for students attending school online during the pandemic.
Helping Hands partners ABC7 and Easterns Automotive Group team up to surprise the head of the Cheverly Emergency Response Team with a $2,000 donation. The money will be used to assist their bi-weekly food drives at Cheverly United Methodist Church in Maryland.
Pay It Forward partners Fox 5 DC and Easterns Automotive Group surprise both the founder of Upcounty Consolidation Hub and the CEO of BlackRock Center for the Arts with a $1,500 donation to support their mission of serving the community during COVID-19. Collectively, they have been working to provide school supplies to students and food for Montgomery County families in need.
Easterns Automotive Group partners with WUSA 9's Get Up DC to surprise Keith Jackson of Gearin' Up Bicycles with a $1,000 donation for the organization. They are a nonprofit bike shop that creates career development opportunities and teaches essential workplace skills to youth from under-served communities while encouraging cycling as a practical, healthy means of transportation.
Helping Hands partners ABC7 and Easterns Automotive Group team up with the American Cancer Society to donate to their virtual competition called The Little Dig. They are raising money to fight pediatric cancer during September, which is also Childhood Cancer Awareness month.
Helping Hands partners ABC7 and Easterns Automotive Group team up to surprise Prince George's families with new laptops before the start of the virtual school year.
en_USEnglish